Friday, September 28, 2012

The Replacement Parent: Dad


Boy: Dad, I have a riddle for you.

Me: OK (Too tired to solve riddles but valiantly playing along.)

Boy: I’m thinking of two words.

Me: I don’t know.

Boy: The first word is new…

Me: Game?

Boy: Nope! You lose! The second word is “iPod game for Me!” I want the racing game.


As a replacement parent or dad, it’s tough to make a call on the field. The game moves too fast, the players and coaches try to intimidate you, and no matter what you do your kid is gonna throw the red flag and try to get mom to overturn your decision. It’s a tough job, but you have to be confident when making game-changing and unpopular decisions like dual possession for the win.


Wife: Did you get him a new game? I though we talked about too much iPod.

Me: It wasn’t a game for him. It was a game for us to share. I wanted the racing game.


And after further review, the call stands.

Welcome back NFL officials. We are officially ready for some football.

No comments:

Post a Comment